AUA Fall GatheringÂ
Sharing Current Urban Ag Research Relevant to Your Garden or Farm
Tuesday November 10
Loyola Chicago Institute for Environmental Sustainability
6349 Kenmore Ave., Seminar Room 123/124
Free to all!
The night will include:
- Presentations on urban agriculture research being done in Chicago and how it applies to those growing food in the city, including:
- Dr. Bala Chaudhary, Loyola University – â€œCultivating soil biology – lessons from Native American agricultureâ€
- Kellen Marshall, UIC – â€œCity Air and Urban Agriculture: Working towards understanding food systems in Chicagoâ€
- Sarah Hernandez, UIC – â€œDiversity in Chicago community gardens: Research and practiceâ€
- Dr. Howard Rosing, DePaul University – â€œThe Chicago Harvest Study: Documenting the city-wide yield, distribution and nutritional value of food from community gardensâ€
- Community Slideshow-Show off your garden or farm! Send 1-3 photos and a brief description toÂ firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ by 11.9
- Community Potluck-Attendees are encouraged to bring a dish to share
- ToursÂ of Loyola’s aquaponics lab
Volunteers needed! Contact us at email@example.com.